Thanks to all who attended Cosyne 2011. Looking forward to seeing you next year at Cosyne 2012, to be held in Salt Lake City (February 23 - 26, 2012) and Snowbird Ski Resort (February 27 and 28, 2012).
Citeable abstracts from the 2011 meeting are archived here:
Computational and Systems Neuroscience 2011
Main meeting program: February 24, 2011 - February 27, 2011
Workshops: February 28, 2011 - March 1, 2011]
The annual Cosyne meeting provides an inclusive forum for the exchange of experimental and theoretical/computational approaches to problems in systems neuroscience.
The first Cosyne meeting, held in 2004 at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, drew over 350 participants. Since 2005, the meeting has been held in Salt Lake City, Utah. It has attracted a growing number of participants, from nearly 400 in 2005 to over 500 in 2010.
To encourage interdisciplinary interactions, the main meeting is arranged in a single track. A set of invited talks are selected by the Executive Committee, and additional talks and posters are selected by the Program Committee, based on submitted abstracts.
Cosyne topics include but are not limited to: neural coding, natural scene statistics, dendritic computation, neural basis of persistent activity, nonlinear receptive field mapping, representations of time and sequence, reward systems, decision-making, synaptic plasticity, map formation and plasticity, population coding, attention, computation with spiking networks.
The abstracts of the 2011 meeting will be published by Nature Precedings. Similar to the abstracts of the Society for Neuroscience meeting, these abstracts are citeable, but they are not full-length proceedings and therefore do not preclude further publication.
- The Gatsby Charitable Foundation
- Qualcomm Incorporated
- Brain Corporation (special consideration for presentations on vision and spike timing)
- Cell Press/Neuron
- Evolved Machines
The generosity of these organizations makes it possible to offer a number of student and postdoc travel grants.
Cosyne 2011 Committees
- General Chairs: Anne Churchland (Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory) and Bartlett Mel (University of Southern California)
- Program Chairs: Jim DiCarlo (MIT), co-chair and Rachel Wilson (Harvard), co-chair
- Workshop Chairs: Mark Laubach (Yale University) and Brent Doiron (University of Pittsburgh)
- Communications Chair: Ila Fiete (UT Austin)
- Jim DiCarlo (MIT), co-chair
- Rachel Wilson (Harvard), co-chair
- Dinu Albeanu
- Wyeth Bair
- Mark Churchland
- Marlene Cohen
- David Cox
- Loren Frank
- Mark Histed
- Greg Horwitz
- Bruno Olshausen
- Jonathan Pillow
- Fei-Fei Li
- Katherine Nagel
- Nicole Rust
- Tatyana Sharpee
- Marshall Shuler
- Jochen Triesch
- Naoshige Uchida
- Ed Vul
- Daniel Wolpert
John Serences . Alan Stocker . Jeff Beck . Paul Schrater . Najib Majaj . David Knill . Phillip Sabes . Stephen Scott . Larry Maloney . Aude Oliva . Dirk Walther . Kendrick Kay . Thomas Serre . Davide Zoccolan . Mark Andermann . Hans Op de Beeck . Laurenz Wiskott . Stefan Treue . David Freedman . Long Ding . David Brainard . Sarah Allred . Douglas McLelland . Pamela Baker . Adam Kohn . Ben Willmore . Mate Lengyel . Odelia Schwartz . Eero Simoncelli . Peter Latham . Jakob Macke . Dana Ballard . Mattias Bethge . Jörg Lücke . Klaus Obermayer . Constantin Rothkopf . Jonathan Victor . Zhaoping Li . Kamal Sen . Eizaburo Doi . Vijay Balasubramanian . Rob Turner . Rob van Beers . Aaron Batista . Nicholas Priebe . Paul Cisek . Martin Nawrot . Dan Bendor . Felice Dunn . Mike Long . David Schoppik . Stephen David . Gidon Felsen . Jeremiah Cohen . Rafi Haddad . Keiji Miura . Yoram Ben-Shaul . Matt Smith . Hendrikje Nienborg . Bob Schafer . Nic Price . Valerio Mante . Shih-Chieh Lin . Mark Laubach . Erika Fanselow . Jason McLean . Sliman Bensmaia . David Foster . Jim Knierim . Tom Davidson . Vladimir Itskov . Adam Johnson . Josh Gold . Sam Solomon . Bart Krekelberg . Soumya Chattergee . Jude Mitchel . Laura Busse . Takaki Komiyama . Kenichi Ohki . Bilal Haider . Chris Harvey . Upinder Bhalla . Tim Holy . Glenn Turner . Adam Kampff . Tom Mrsic-Flogel . Kilian Koepsell . Joshua Jacobs
- Zachary Mainen (Champalimaud Neuroscience Programme)
- Alexandre Pouget (University of Rochester)
- Anthony Zador (Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory)
- Matteo Carandini (University College London)
- Peter Dayan (University College London)
- Steven Lisberger (UC San Francisco and HHMI)
- Maneesh Sahani (University College London)
- Eero Simoncelli (New York University and HHMI)
- Karel Svoboda (HHMI Janelia Farm)